Friday, January 1, 2010

Not this year!

My last hunt of the season....The deer won! Old Hunter lost! To put the success rate into perspective, I went out hunting approximately 40 times. This year alone I was 0 for 40. The previous 9 years I was 5 for approx. 375 hunts. Those 5 were all does; no mature bucks walked past my stand. Anyone that tells you hunting is easy, they are lying to you!

Since it is the new year, I have a few hunting resolutions:
1. Clear shooting lanes by end of June
2. Create a small food plot in the woods...early May
3. Mow lanes in the woods so the deer have an easier time walking...deer travel paths of least resistance...they are just as lazy as humans are
4. Move a treestand to another tree
5. Remove autumn olive shrubs from my dad's property i hunt...these are very invasive and not a native species.
6. Rake a path to every hunting stand to remove any fallen limbs or sticks by end of June and cracking of branches alerts the deer to my presence
7. Practice at the local archery range...taking my daughter and son along
8. Help my buddy Dreamer clear the north side of a ditch with chainsaw
9. Keep in shape..eating healthier..more fruits and veggies
10. Buying a chainsaw to make a lot of my resolutions possible

Have a great new year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment