Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My last hunt

Tomorrow in the morning will be my last hunt of the 2009 season. I might not have shot anything to put in a starving persons stomach which I feel bad about because I had a few opportunities that I passed on...if you remember I usually donate my deer to the FHFH..Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry, but I did feel I learned from all of my failures and will move on to next season.

Even though without a doubt I always felt I was set up properly, I never did see the monster buck walk under my stand, go by my setup blind, or ambush point. I felt that any given moment a deer would step out and I would get my chance. However, a meatless freezer is my proof that nothing of measurable antler size deer came by. How many others did the same thing? I bet a lot.

Hunters in the NW Indiana area will definitely be anticipating next years season. Hopefully the weather cooperates and the corn will be taken out before the deer rutting season.

Tomorrow, my philosophy is ...."if it's brown, it's down." Any doe or buck that walks within 30 yards will be taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment