Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A great tool for the avid nature lover

If you are a deer hunter, you know you have to put in a lot of time before the season, scouting for signs of deer, glassing a far off field, and preparing for the opening day by getting all the extra gear ready and in place. One excellent tool that has really eased a great deal of time in the field is the trail camera.

( The above pic is not my brand that I use, but I didn't want to get sued with using a pic without permission; this picture was copied from flickr.com)

When they first came out, they used a regular camera in the compartment, but now how technology has even entered the sport of hunting. Small compact flash cards that you put into the camera device allows the hunter to leave the camera out in the field all year, depending on how long the batteries last.



However, because of trespassing persons and the possibility of theft, I only keep mine out a few months out of the year. My Cuddeback trail camera is password protected...sort of like a pin number that you have to enter into the ATM bank machine in order for you to work with it, and view the pictures. If my trail camera were to be stolen, whomever would take it, would never be able to use it, because of this password code. The new models of Cuddeback Digital Trail Cameras are not password protected. I wonder why they eliminated that feature. Oh well...

I have all sorts of wildlife pictures taken on this trail camera...here's a silly picture I've taken in the field while I was sitting back in the recliner drinking a Coke, watching my daughter dance around, and Hunter running around chasing Dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment