Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lake Adventure

Check out my new rod...16 foot telescopic rod that I purchased the day before. Unfortunately it really never got a work out! Darn crickets...!





One of my brother n laws enjoys the fishing aspect of the great outdoors just as much as I do so we went on a fishing expedition..I think he's too squeamish about hunting though. HA!... Uncle Chief Divot I will call him *because he designed t-shirts about golfing*...Dancer and Hunter you probably could come up with a goofier name though.

UNCLE CHIEF DIVOT


We decided to give a local DNR managed lake a try. This lake is approximately 20 minutes from my house as you go westward and it reminds Uncle Chief Divot of the Florida Everglades minus the Gators, thank goodness. There used to be a lake called Beaver Lake that was the largest lake in Indiana but the Army Corps of Engineers *i believe* dried it up many years ago, hoping to utilize the rich nutrient soil for farming. I believe John Dillinger, an old criminal that's famous, used one of the islands on Beaver Lake as a hideout. There's a movie coming out about Dillinger soon, I've heard. Johnny Depp portrays Dillinger. Any movie with Mr. Depp is pretty good; he's a good actor.




So back to our lake adventure, we decide to get up early as Bob Johnson a local archer/fisherman has fished the lake for many many years stated to me, "You You got to get out there early, because once the sun gets high in the sky, the fish seem to vanish. I only fish when it's overcast."


As prescribed we did just that we were on the lake by 6:00a.m. but within an hour the wind started blowing too hard...the weeds were everywhere and the


fish weren't biting, so after a few hours we concluded that we'll fish another day, hoping to entice a lunker into the boat.



My choice of bait that I used was crickets. I had never used this bait before, and boy were they hard to handle. Worms are much easier..simply said. We decided that we should do something about these defective crickets so in the following post...
You'll see what we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment