Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pass the Salt!




Before I go feed the deer, young Hunter is sitting in a rocking chair his Grandpa Kenny made for him and his grandchildren many moons ago,looking at the salt block. Can I have some??(I believe he's thinking)

As I told you in an earlier post, I would be going to disperse salt and mineral blocks to the deer and any other wildlife that needs trace minerals and salt. After looking at the ingredients that make up the mineral block, it mainly consists of you guessed it, salt. ANYway, deer love salt, whether it is good for them is another story, just like humans, too much of one thing is a bad thing. The mineral block as you can somewhat see was made by Trophy Rock...the deer gravitate toward it.
I have used other protein and mineral blocks before with excellent response from the deer. In particular, the company by the name of Wildlife Institute of North America creates an excellent source of food attractant by the name of 30-6 plus protein.
















No comments:

Post a Comment