Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy St. Patricks Day



When you see this clover? What do you think of?

Most people believe that a 4 leaf clover will bring you good luck. Well, I've found 4 leaf clovers before but good luck has never come by that way!

A three leaf clover actually is a symbol of Christianity or of the Holy Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit.) Whatever you believe in is fine with me.



But being a deer hunter, when I see this picture of a clover. I think of one thing. Nutrition! Deer love imperial whitetail clover from the Whitetail Institute of North America. They receive a lot of protein from clover, an astounding 33%! There is not another meal for deer out that has that much protein, and more protein means bigger animals and bigger antlers. The shamrock is my idea of good luck for hunters!



So when you are wearing your shamrock symbols, or wearing your green this Tuesday drinking your green beer, raise a glass for me....



and think hard and repeat, "Old Hunter will get a monster deer this year!" Maybe through the use of Whitetail Clover, I'll finally have a giant whitetail walk under my treestand and maybe the luck of the shamrock/clover will bring me to whitetail heaven.

Happy St. Patrick's Day Hunter and Dancer! **No drinking of alcohol until you are of age!** Dancer the year 2024 for you...Hunter 2029 for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment